You already know using social media for your business is necessary in today’s digital world. But do you know how to effectively use social media?
Let’s talk about setting up a Facebook Page.
Setup a PAGE
- Do not use your personal profile for your business. You should setup a business page.
- Log-in to your Facebook account, click the arrow in the top-right corner, and choose Create Page
- Select the type of Page you want to create from the categories provided
- Choose an industry-specific category
- Add a description and your website
- Add a profile picture and cover photo that is optimized for Facebook viewing. This is very important for a page to appear professional. Optimal sizes are 851px x 315px for cover photos, and 180px x 180px for profile photos
- Use Reach More People to immediately connect with your friends
This is an often overlooked step that can vastly improve your overall marketing efforts. This allows you to promote your Facebook page on other mediums by saying “Visit us on Facebook at /mybusinessname, versus the generic URL provides which is a long list of jumbled numbers and words.
- Go to Facebook.com/username
- Enter a name that reflects your company name (ours is coffeymarketingandcreative)
- Check availability to see if the username is available. If it is, click confirm. If not, try some alternatives (like coffeymc)
You included a blurb about your company when setting up the page, but you can include more valuable information on your About Page. Highlight all of the good things about your company, websites where people can find you, products, awards, and more.
Review your Permissions
Go into Edit Page, then Manage Permissions from the admin panel. Ensure the settings are selected as best for your business and the way you want to manage your page.
Now you are ready to start posting and promoting your page! Setting up a page appropriately is just the beginning. Developing a content strategy, making engaging posts, using audience insights to discover how your audience views your content, and using targeting advertising is where the magic happens.